Hands

Hands

Sunday, February 6, 2011

King Arthur and Sourdough

This is National Marriage Week.  Many places are encouraging big acts to encourage and support marriage.  I am going to just work on loving and affirming my husband this week.  I hope to encourage you all to work on your marriage this week also.  Just choose one way and work on that till it is a habit.  I think that the Love Dare book / movie did a good job of showing how constantly and successfully implementing small changes can have a profound impact on your marriage.  

Church was closed today so I missed our worship and fellowship.  We spent a fairly slow day at home I  worked on updating the Christian Midwives International website.  Trying to get ready for the 7th Annual Conference.  It makes me excited just thinking about the fellowship and learning that will take place. It is such a lovely  I have also not ever been to Colorado so I am looking forward to that also.  I don't judge I accomplished too much today,  I constantly have about 45 items on the to do list and feel very productive if 15-20 get done.  

At a recent herb conference I learned about King Arthur Flour from another participant.  Normally we grind our own but I will be honest and admit it that I do keep a bag of unbleached all purpose around  (shocked gasp).  I just didn't know that it should be King Arthur because of how freshly ground there flour is they don't like to sell flour that has been ground longer than a month.  I also heard that their cookbook rocked so when I got home I found myself looking at their website, well over 100 dollars later I hit submit with my order.  
Yesterday I was happy to receive my shipment from King Arthur flour last week.  It was like Christmas.  I got 3 1 liter glass jugs that fit perfectly in the fridge.  2 are for making water kefir (have my water kefir homemade ginger ale going in 1) and 1 is for iced green tea, a favorite of my honeys.  I also received their cookbook, a yogurt cheese strainer, and some http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/fiori-di-sicilia-1-oz which appearently goes great in all baked goods but smells so good I am thinking about using it as perfume.  Smells like vanilla and fresh oranges.  

Alex and I immediately set out to make a sourdough starter as he wants to begin his breadmaking career with sourdough bread.  I am more of a yeast baker but an equal opportunity bread eater.  I love that he still enjoys cooking.  This morning we poached eggs and made peach and cream scones together.  I enjoy having my boy that loves to cook back home with me. 

I am looking forward to a full week of visits with lovely families and little ones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment